Saturday, February 22, 2014

AUTHOR SPOTLIGHT S.E. HALL

~*~ S.E. HALL ~*~
 
 
 
 
Author of Emerge (Evolve #1), Embrace (Evolve #2),
Entangled (Evolve #2.5), Entice (Evolove #3)
& Endure (Evolve #?)
 
::: Connect with the Author :::

 
 
 
 
 
 Buy Links::: Amazon | Amazon UK | B&N
 
Entice Book #3
 
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18776942-entice
 




EXCERPT
Sighing, I wrap a towel around my waist and open the door, ready to try and be at least a level of cordial I know is only right. “Listen, can I-“ “She’s gone.” I look up, startled by Laney’s voice and shocked to see her sitting on my bed. Thank God I put on a towel. “Where’d she go?” “Home I guess,” she shrugs, “I didn’t ask. I heard the front door slam and got up to see what the hell. Since you’re here and she’s not, I’m assuming it was her.”

How did I not hear the door slam? Not that I would have chased her. “Alright, she left. But what’re you doing in here?” She stands, grabbing some shorts off my floor and throwing them at me. “Go put those on and we’ll talk. Since I’m up,” she shoots me an evil glare. I head back in the bathroom to change, and stay in there, locking the door. I am over six feet tall and lift almost every day, and yes, I’m scared to face Laney. Not only is she a hellcat when she wants to be, but I don’t want to see the disgust or disappointment in her eyes.

She’s one of my best friends, even more so after becoming roommates, and her opinion means a lot to me. “Get out here,” she yells when she finally realizes I must be stalling. “Take it like a man.” Well, I might as well go out or she’ll undoubtedly come in here, kicking in the door or taking if off the hinges in what I have no doubt would take her less than five minutes. I open it and she pats the bed beside her. “Come sit down. We’re doing this now.” I hesitantly take a seat beside her, my knee bouncing as I wait for her to speak. “First, and of the upmost importance, you know I call my father ‘daddy.’ So hearing your visitors scream it repeatedly in the middle of the night freaks me out. I wake up thinking I’m in some bad Lifetime movie.”

Fighting my smirk I agree. "Okay, got it." "Second," she stands and tucks a pillow between my headboard and the wall, "leave that there." She once again sits down beside me. "School and game nights, booty call curfew is eleven. That work for you?" "Yeah," I sigh and run my hands along my head, wishing I had some hair to pull. "It won't happen again Gidge, I'm sorry." She places a hand on my shoulder with a small smile.

"Don't be sorry, this is your house too and we hadn't talked about it. Now we have, so we're all good. Any rules you want to put in place?" "Nah, I'm easy." "Made crystal clear by the parade of women coming in and out of here." She laughs and scoots away quickly, ducking the pillow I grab and swing at her head. “Speaking of which, been busier than usual lately. You trying for Guiness or Gonorrhea?" Here we go - what she really wants to talk about.

No comments:

Post a Comment